Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Means WAR! Tech Support FAQ

R00RshockR00Rshock Member, Moderator
edited September 2015 in Tech Support
Greetings Commanders! Here is a list of frequently asked questions on this forum regarding tech support. I will continue to add to this discussion as more questions come up. Please feel free to ask any Tech Support questions about This Means WAR! here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Q) Can I change my Email / Game Center ID associated with my account?
A) No, you cannot change your Email or Game Center ID. These are what we use to connect players with their accounts.

Q) Can I change my Base Name?
A) Currently all Base Name Change requests are handled through our in-game ticket system, accessed through Customer Service in the Options menu. These requests are handled on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed. We generally try to reserve this service for players with technical difficulties due to the manpower required to facilitate the request.

Q) Can I transfer my base from one device to another?
A) In Update 3.1 the new Base Transfer feature will allow players to load their base from any device associated with their Game Center or Google Play account. 

Q) Help! I've lost access to my base. What do I do?
A) Please consult these resources if you have lost access to your account:
- In-game Customer Service through the Options Menu (Fastest Option!)
- For ios: http://forums.tapzen.com/discussion/327/tips-for-disconnects#latest
- For Google Play: http://forums.tapzen.com/discussion/2218/google-connection-error#latest

Q) Help! Ever since the ios9 update I can no longer get into the game! What do I do?
A) Try reinstalling the app. Your base is saved on our servers so you won't lose progress.

Q) I've emailed you asking for help! Why haven't you replied to me yet?
A) Currently we are winding down our email-based services due to the volume of requests. Soon we will no longer accept Customer Service requests through email. Please utilize our in-game Customer Service option located in the Options menu for the fastest service available. You can submit a request for additional help through this service if you require more specialized assistance. You can also make a post here and I'll do my best to address it!

Q) Do you have High-Res art available for This Means WAR! Fansites?
A) Yes! Please contact me privately via these forums with your email address and I'll give you access to our resources. We have unit/building data for use in a game guide as well.

Q) When is the next Update scheduled for release?
A) We currently do not have a public release schedule for This Means WAR! updates. When an update is scheduled, I will make an announcement on these forums detailing all of the new features and changes. Please be patient as we continue to improve This Means WAR! for everyone!

Q) Help! I lost access to This Means WAR! after downloading ios9! Is my base gone?
A) We currently do not support ios9. We are working on solutions to get players back into the game as quickly as possible. For some reason this problem is only happening to a select group of players. Please be patient as we finalize an Update to fix these issues. Your base is not lost! (its saved on our servers.) 
Post edited by R00Rshock on

Comments

• Hello,

I recently, just a few days ago, had an update on my iPad II. Since the update the TMW! app will not load. It goes to the 'Kabam!' screen initially but then it closes. I've restarted my iPad several times and to no avail has it helped. What's my next option? Can I remove the app and then download it again? Will I still keep my current base and data if I do?

Please help.

Thanks!
  • R00RshockR00Rshock Member, Moderator
    I am so sorry this is happening to select ios9 players. We are working on a solution. Your base data should still be fine. As soon as we have a workaround I will post on the forums. 
  • Okay. Thanks! 

Ill wait until the workaround is posted before I do anything yet.
  • Me too. iPad 2 with ios9 and the game wont load!
    So I've been told that deleting and then reinstalling the app sometimes fixes this issue. Base data is saved on our servers, so have no fear of losing your saved progress. Let me know if this works for anyone!
  • Thanx. That worked. I'm back in the game.
  • My only issue is most of the time when I attack the game lags. For example, the troops randomly stop and do nothing for few seconds even if I keep deploying them. 
  • I bought the 100 gems a day package, and did not receive it... 
  • blahblah Member, Moderator
    Did you wait a full 24 hrs? 
  • I just lost 700 batteries! I had been saving them for a 4th Engineer's tent and then overnight my total dropped by 700!
  • Can anyone tell me how I can get the last holding pad?
  • Holding pad?
  • It isn't available to anyone yet. 
  • Hello. I have a problem . opening "this mean war" and trying to connect with Google puts me "unsolvable connecting to Google error". The name of my base is Carlos and I am in the alliance "Your alliance 2"
    Device  : Samsung tab 4 7" smt230  (android versión kitkat)
  • Hi i already got the new update of the game. Tried clearing data and cache before uninstalling then reboot the device and download it again. But its still the same error. Please help. Thanks!

I got "Network Connection Error" every time I add or invite a friend.
  • Maybe one day someone will read this and try to help....unfortunately for you, they are busy with......well who knows.  Not the game that's for sure 
    Apologies for the delay on my replies on this thread. I've been sick for a couple of days.  >_<

Carlos1409, are you having issues connecting to Google+? You need access to Google+ in order to load your base. A Fresh install usually fixes the problem. Let me know if you still have issues and I'll work with you to find a solution.

Kekok, are you connected to an account on Game Center or Google+ on your device? You need one of these to add friends in This Means WAR! I'll look into any other reported issues with adding friends. 
  • Any chance of addressing the hundreds of complaints of game crashing any time soon? Even something like "we recognize there's a problem, and we're working to fix it" would be a nice touch. I estimate that I've lost 100-125 medals to crashes in the last 2 weeks.
  • hello.why my regional isn,t my country?i living in iran but my regional isn,t.unfortunatelly idon,t speak english very well.please help.thank you
  • I am having problems with my game on my phone. When I am at war and loading troops as they come up to load they start killing each other and this is a big problem and needs to be solved cause if I am killing my self it is like shooting my self in the foot even my helicopters are doing this and there is no need to keep playing this game if this is the way it is.
  • blahblah Member, Moderator
    Your troops attack your own troops?
  • Sorry to make light of your problem dwsewell, but that sounds like something straight out of the create your own glitch thread! I chuckled a little reading it. Seriously though, I hope Kabam can get that ironed out for you. 
  • Another client error today. Two in the last two days! The first one cost me my win streak. Went from 3.4x to 1.5x. I also had to reload my troops both times!!!! Very frustrating!!
  • 1)base name: va9y0fan1akcg
    2)alliance: La Cúpula
    3) command center lvl: 10
    4) device: iphone 5s and android samsung s4 (i trasferred base to both)
    5)activity leading to the problem: base name change hi my name is hector my base name i used since i started was a mistake but i kept playing i would really aprecciate to change my name since im not able to remember and spell it. Could that be possible? My new name "Vzla-comando" it would be cool ty guys and ill be looking forward for a soon response
    edited April 2016
    hectormichelena1, I sent you a private message and changed your Base Name for you. 

- R00Rshock
  • paresh
    cc10 
    MidnightRaiders
    And now I m at spec opps but don't got radmercury 1m in Vin ony got hex I m Vin 100% but don't got rad mercury reworded I got only hex plzz cee it fix it  my eng is to wick sorry for that
    Paresh, you're going to need to be a little more clear. What exactly are you asking for?

maineproduct, I'm fine with players asking for support on the forums. But you don't need to advertise in every single thread. 

- R00Rshock