Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Means Technical Support!

R00RshockR00Rshock Member, Moderator
edited December 2015 in Tech Support
Greetings Commanders! This is the official This Means WAR! Technical Support discussion thread! Please post a comment here if you are running into technical issues in the game and need assistance. The fastest way to receive tech support is to submit a ticket through Customer Service, located in the options menu in-game. I will do my best to address your concerns on this discussion thread.

Please submit all bug reports using the following format (Please use EXACT Spelling, Punctuation, and Capitalization!):

1) Base Name
2) Current Alliance
3) Command Center Level
4) Device and Operating System
5) Activity leading to the problem

I will be unable to assist players who not submit this information. I also will be unable to refund players Power Cells who do not provide an adequate description of their situation. Details are extremely important! Please try to include any information that you think is relevant. 

Players who submit quality bug reports may be gifted a Power Cell reward for their time and effort. These rewards are NOT refunds. They are gifts to players who are able to help us improve the game.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Post edited by R00Rshock on

Comments

• base name : stusmith91
    alliance : technovore3000
    cc : 10
    device : iphone 5s
    problem : anytime i click on the base layout button the game closes , no error message or anything it just closes. when i load it back up it where i was before i clicked the base layout button. it also happens when i select any wall and try to move it. do you know how long it will take to fix it ? can you message me back asap please . thank you 
  • i also experience objects on the same space , this could be used to an advantage ! , today i had 2 towers on the same space which i moved but its happening on a daily basis now 
  • Okay
    base: cholosolo
    alliance: none
    command level: 10
    device & os : iPad , ios9.2
    activity leading to malfunction: installed latest apple update. 
    When I tap the app icon, the screen goes to the kaboom splash screen and stays on that screen for about 5 or 10 seconds, then the splash screen disappears and it goes back to the app icon and start screen. I have restarted the iPad, did a hard reboot and no luck. I have tried these steps 4 times and it doesn't help. I was going to delete the app and reinstall, but wasn't sure if I would lose all of my progress and power cells. This is about day 4 and I would like some help. 
    Thanks.
  • Donnuz1979Donnuz1979 Member
    edited December 2015
    Base name: Donnuz1979
    Alliance: the asylum 
    cc10
    ipad 4th and iOS 9,2
    game crashed 3 seconds before the end, used 12 hijackers, 4 cyclops and 2 mino's.
    i made a picture seconds before the crash when my Cyc was shooting the water, one hijacker was hitting a lost piece of wall and 2 jackals just stood there. Don't know how to post pics here. If it's useful, send me your email address @ROORShock ; , and I'll send the picture. Match was against SapoKara on Wednesday dec 16th 9.13 CET. No replay available as usual. I was wearing a white t-shirt, blue pants etc etc. is that detailed enough? :-)

• R00RshockR00Rshock Member, Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Stusmith91 - Got your info. I think this issue will be fixed with Update 4.1. I'll take a look and get back to you. Also, please use correct syntax! "TechnoVore3000" is NOT the same as "technovore3000"

cholosolo - Try uninstalling and reinstalling. It should fix the problem. Your base is saved on our servers, so you should have 0 problems. Let me know if anything unexpected happens. 

Donnuz1979 - I'll take those screens! I'll private message you with more info. Also, please use correct syntax! "The asylum" is NOT the same as "the asylum"

Sorry for being picky, but this saves me TONs of time and frustration. Our databases care about EXACT Spelling, Punctuation, and Capitalization, so please keep this in mind when submitting any bug reports. 
    Post edited by R00Rshock on
  • any idea roughly when the update is coming so i knw weather to push medals or not !? 
  • RooRshock, I thought that would fix it but wasn't sure about losing my progress. That worked great. I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

cholosolo
  • I have a new phone. Can just get my base back on my new phone?
  • My name King.
    Alliance: sons of donate
  • blahblah Member, Moderator
    Of course. Easiest way, sign out of Game Center on your old phone, sign back in on your new phone.  
  • Base: KangarooChief
    Device: nexus 6 and nexus 7 (2013)
    error: connection error
    every time I open the game I can play for a few minutes before a message pops up saying there is a connection error and I need to reload. When I reload the game reverts back to before I started playing (The collectors are full again and the upgrades I started have stopped and I have the loot I spent on the upgrades back). I cant progress in the game. (when I open the game I usually empty the collectors, train troops, start upgrading a red storage and buy a builder before it needs to reload) 
  • Base: KangarooChief
    Device: nexus 6 and nexus 7 (2013)
    error: connection error
    every time I open the game I can play for a few minutes before a message pops up saying there is a connection error and I need to reload. When I reload the game reverts back to before I started playing (The collectors are full again and the upgrades I started have stopped and I have the loot I spent on the upgrades back). I cant progress in the game. (when I open the game I usually empty the collectors, train troops, start upgrading a red storage and buy a builder before it needs to reload) 
    I have now tried just leaving the game open and I still get the connection error and the game resets
    king2013, I found your old base! I now need the info on the current base you have access to. Once I get that I can put in a request to engineering to have your Base restored.

KangarooChief, I found your base. I'm going to do some tests and see if I can fix your situation. I'll get back to you shortly.
  • Base name: Donnuz1979
    Alliance: The asylum
    cc10
    ipad 4th and ios9,2 
    recieved a spider pack from a friend. Used it in battle and game crashed. "Client error". Lost match because of that. Happened 25 mins ago
  • 1)Iliad
    2)Brotown
    3)10
    4) IPad iOS 9.2
    5) Attacking and crashing. Happened a couple of times. If I lose all I lose are my medals. If I win I lose my army, the cost and TIME of building new army, and since I spend a fair amount to build my army I have to attack bases to recoup that plus, so even if I win I still lose a significant amount of resources. But the biggest issue is the 2 hours it takes to build a new army. Thank you. 
    acp410, I took at look at your logs this morning. Look for a message from me in-game.

Donnuz1979, thanks for reporting your issue with the Seeker Swarms! I'll send you another one to make up for your loss. 
  • Thanks a lot. Much appreciated
  • Thank you for the help from before. I'm sorry to say I just noticed another one as follows:

1)Iliad
    2)Brotown
    3)10
    4) IPad iOS 9.2
    5) Defending against attacks with the strike jammer active. My jammer is level 2 and it doesn't appear to be working. When I watch the last several replays of when I get attacked, I notice that their missiles are very accurate even though I've had my jammer active for the last week or two. They are able to target my boosted turrets without any of them going awry. But when I attack someone at level one, my missiles are no where near that accurate. Also, there is no indication of my jammer being active during the replay with an icon in the corner indicating so. I certainly understand that sometimes accuracy is better and other times it isn't where it's sort of left up to chance, but the last one especially was extremely accurate. Thank you. 
  • unfortunately the game still randomly exit with the new update, and the medals scoring needs to be checked at high level you can do only 1 medal with 1 star or 2 or 3 stars win, it should be minimum 3 medals with 3 stars win 2 medals with 2 stars win and 1 medal with 1 star win, thank you 
  • Base:  General J
    Alliance: Suicide squad
    Command Center: Level 10
    Device: IPad OS 9.
    Activity:  Trying to load/start the game, or crash during attacks.

This is the first day in a week that I've been able to load and keep this game running, Like many others reported here, it won't load.  No error message...just won't load.  I've tried everything I could think of. Cleared data, reloaded the game etc.... All with limited success.  When I can get it running, it lasts maybe 10 minutes, crashes again, with the same results.  I've also captured multiple attacked that I won with 3 stars... and got 0 medals..... 

I've lost 200+ medals, unbelievable quantities of Supplies, Mercury and Helium, and wasted about all the money I'm going to, trying to get back to where I was.  

If if you can't fix this bug, you've lost a player, fan, and a great source of revenue. 
  • I can't access game on iPad:

base name:  Gripnostril 
    Alliance:  can't remember....can't access game
    Cc level:   Top minus 1
    device & os :  iPad v1. Latest iOS 
    what was happening: Nothing, though had had problems accessing game, was taking 2-3 attempts to access game.  

Cant get any access, rebooted iPad, and all options, but no luck.  Haven't deleted game, as says will lose data.....

• I can't access game on iPad:

base name:  Gripnostril 
    Alliance:  Brotown
    Cc level:   Top minus 1
    device & os :  iPad v1. Latest iOS 
    what was happening: Nothing, though had had problems accessing game, was taking 2-3 attempts to access game.  

Cant get any access, rebooted iPad, and all options, but no luck.  Haven't deleted game, as says will lose data.....

• Base:  General J
    Alliance: Suicide squad
    Command Center: Level 10
    Device: IPad OS 9.
    Activity:  Trying to load/start the game, or crash during attacks.

I'll keep posting...maybe someday get an answer.  My game aborts trying to load.... No error message.  It's been almost 24 hours again.   I see a ton of others with the same problem.... Does anyone at Tapzen care?  

I've lost 200+ medals, unbelievable quantities of Supplies, Mercury and Helium, and wasted about all the money I'm going to, trying to get back to where I was.  

If if you can't fix this bug, you've lost a player, fan, and a great source of revenue.  
  • 1) Base Name - ARMRA
    2) Current Alliance - TABULARASA
    3) Command Center Level - 7
    4) Device and Operating System - Huawei Ascend Mate 2, 4.3 android
    5) Activity leading to the problem - poor connection, tried purchasing new missions for 15 batts. I had 50+ batts.  Because of the poor wireless connection it didn't immediately register the purchase. I hit the buy option a few times, still no purchase.  Closed app, opened it up about 1hr later and noticed all my batts are gone and the purchase has been completed.  Please reimburse me at a minimum the delta of batteries I should be left with, ~40.  I'll take a few bonus batts for the inconvenience...for writing up this fantastic report for u...lol.  Thx guys/gals!
    Working on my backlog. When I get to these cases I'll make another post addressing each player's issue on this thread, just like before. Thanks for everyone's patience!
    • Hello RooRshock. I'm hoping you can help a member of my alliance, .3OPAH. I'm not sure if he's contacted support or not. He's a member of Canada, CC 10, I'm guessing runs iOS. His issue is he cannot log into game. He's been having this trouble for quite some time now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    luckyshabe, I'll look into your friend's account status. We should be able to get him back in the game.

armra, I'll check you purchase history and redeem any missing Power Cells.

jrthismeanswar, I'll check your combat log and see if there is anything I can do for you.

Gripnostril, as long as you have a Game Center / Google Play account tied to This Means WAR! you should be able to reinstall the game with 0 issues. 

acp410, I'll check on your Missile Strike Jammers. 
  • Base: Alterion11
    Alliance: TheSkeletonsRise
    Command Center Level: 10
    Device: Iphone 5
    Problem: My game keeps crashing when I try to change base layouts and move multiple walls. The game also most of the time, crashes in the middle of my battles. This problem lasted probably for a month now, and all this crashing made me lose tons of resources and medals, so please help me fix this problem ASAP.
  • 1) Base Name - General Greer
    2) Current Alliance - TogetherWeStand
    3) Command Center Level - 9
    4) Device and Operating System - iPad, iOS 9.2
    5) Activity leading to the problem - Game crashes every time I try to access base editor or try moving multiple walls so I'm now stuck with only one base layout, also game crashes alot during battles. This all started happening around 4-6 weeks ago
  • Nevermind I solved those problems. Its the same as other problems. One of the walls or mines were overlapping another wall or mine. Just find that overlapping problem 1 piece by 1 piece until you find it. Thanks for the help!