Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Base Edit Glitch Announcement!!!

R00RshockR00Rshock Member, Moderator
edited February 2016 in Tech Support
Attention Commanders! I have an announcement regarding the Base Edit Glitch that has been briefly discussed here on the forums. 

We have confirmed that a handful of players are taking advantage of a glitch in This Means WAR! This glitch allows a player to stack buildings on top of one another in their base, causing other players to crash the game when attacking. We are currently working on a code fix to this problem. In the meantime, we are reaching out to players requesting that they discontinue taking advantage of this known exploit. We are offering a "Grace Period" of 48 hours to players to readjust their base layouts to avoid using this glitch. If your base is clear of stacked buildings after the Grace Period is over, you have nothing to worry about. If after 48 hours we find that your base is still using the exploit, we will be deducting medals earned through the exploit. Continued exploit of this error will ultimately result in a ban.

Starting Friday this week, I will begin using all of the tools at my disposal to locate bases that are utilizing this glitch. Please check your base layouts for stacked buildings and rearrange them. If you suspect a player is using this glitch, please report them to me immediately through a private message so that I can investigate. Public accusations of cheating in any thread will cause it to be shut down, so please use private messages when attempting to reach me. 

I have been spending the majority of my time in the studio working on a fix to this glitch with the engineering team. We have a fix ready and are in the process of testing and verifying it. However, a critical mass of players are now abusing this glitch, forcing us to act before we can fix the problem through code. We apologize for the inconvenience this glitch has caused everyone and are doing our best to fix the situation as quickly as possible. If you have any questions please direct them here.

Instructions on how to avoid this glitch: 

To check your layouts, all you need to do is move a single building in each layout, then hit the "Finish" button. If all 3 layouts save without a crash, then you are in the clear!

- R00Rshock

TL;DR: There is a glitch in TMW! in Base Edit mode. You can stack buildings to avoid being attacked in matchmaking. Fix your layouts ASAP or expect to be banned and lose Medals. Update with a fix is coming soon.
Post edited by R00Rshock on

Comments

• I suggest a pop up message in game as not everyone reads the forums.
  • my base isn't have problems I just get attacked 2 times yesterday morning 
  • Agree Charlie. I'll make a list of names and send it to you roorshock. Tired of these cowards. If anyone sees an asylum base that crashes, please let me know on line(Id is Donnuz1979) and I'll make sure it will be fixed
  • i try best for send this for friends 
  • Great to know!!!! It's about time these freeloaders will have to earn their medals the right way!!!
  • Wouldn't it easier to have your matchmaking software made capable of detecting a malformed base being offered for defense?  When detected, the malformed base owner instantly loses 20 medals and gets a 12 hour shield.  The attacker gets 10 medals for his time being wasted.

That would make people get their bases ship shape PDQ.

• R00RshockR00Rshock Member, Moderator
    Ideally we want to completely fix the bug allowing you to save a bad layout. No bad layout = no bug. We're currently testing a fix right now. If you get the glitch, the code detects it and fixes your layout automatically. Its working great on our test servers!

- R00Rshock
  • phollins said:
    Wouldn't it easier to have your matchmaking software made capable of detecting a malformed base being offered for defense?  When detected, the malformed base owner instantly loses 20 medals and gets a 12 hour shield.  The attacker gets 10 medals for his time being wasted.

That would make people get their bases ship shape PDQ.

Just 4 hour shield so he can get hit 2 more times!!! No mercy for cheats!!!
  • While I'm glad they are working on this issue how about the other nerve racking glitches that go unresolved.(see general discussion one glitch after another) for examples
  • While I'm glad they are working on this issue how about the other nerve racking glitches that go unresolved.(see general discussion one glitch after another) for examples
    I agree scrappy, however if people are using a glitch to their benefit to gain medals it is wrong! This discussion is about the cheats that are using a certain glitch to their advantage!!!
  • Nice that you do something but for players that have used it for months are not hit because they have already changed it for a while. 
  • Why all the pussy footing around Roor. You know the offenders. Lock there bases and ban them or just take ALL their medals. Im sick of battling every day to climb rthe ranks while cheats have got thier 5 th star with 1star defenses.
  • Great to know in advance, lookout guys who think they are big dogs. The BlackPearl will be taking to the seas once again
  • Does this mean an update is coming Friday to stop all the reloads?
  • I am not sure if it is a base edit only glitch, as some players are not playing any-more and they have the glitch, a ban will be unfair if people don't know they have a glitch. 
  • blahblah Member, Moderator
    You will know if you have the glitch cause your game will crash on that base if you try to attack. I don't know what the new glitch is that allows you to BE attacked then crash. But if your game crashes when you try to battle, fix your base. You have SOMETHING stacked. 
  • R00RshockR00Rshock Member, Moderator
    Engineering just got back to me. One of our key staff members was out today, so we're releasing the next Update on Monday just to be safe. I was really hoping to release today, so this comes as a surprise to me too. 

As for the Base Edit Glitch, the Update that I've been working on and testing for the 2-3 weeks is the cure for the glitch. My options for this weekend are the following:

1) Spend all weekend investigating and analyzing bases for glitches while stripping Medals

2) Strip Medals of known abusers of the glitch while I conduct investigations

3) Wait for Monday, then hope the update fixes the issue automatically

Based on these choices I've decided to go with option 3. HOWEVER, we do keep "snapshots" of everyones bases each day. I will be able to look at everyone's bases on Monday to determine if there are still players abusing the glitch. Those who are will have Medals stripped. So, if you have not yet modified your base, please do so immediately. Come Monday your base data may get pulled from Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. If ANY of these have a bad layout, the account in question will immediately have Medals stripped and a temporary ban issued. Please make adjustments now. 

- R00Rshock
  • I warned tapzen shortly after base edit was released, that some buildings were "stacking" when you edit and switch bases and that it could cause a possible exploit, but was just blown off with a generic response, it was said that informing you of exploits would be rewarded, but instead I was just blown off, could have been fixed long ago if tapzen listened to me, O-well damage is done, FYI it happens all by itself as well, and can't always see if anything is stacked, and not all stacks cause a crash, so not easy to tell unless the stack causes a crash. But thanks for finally finding a fix, but I can show you the email where I was just blown off, when I found this long long ago..lol was hoping for reward but instead I was told not to make accusations ect. And I was reporting my own base..lol not accusing anyone else. Maybe some guys should read more clearly what is being sent to you in the future, and stop just sending back generic prepared statements, just an idea..
  • I'm sure you all ready realize that when people are complaining and saying "you" they mean kabam, most people here know that you "RooRshock" are a problem solver and always try to help, maybe I should have contacted you instead of emailing kabam, when I found this glitch, I would have been listened to maybe then..lol. Anyway just wanted to clarify, most people are angry with kabam, not RooRshock, keep up the good work bud, most of us appreciate all that you do to try and make the game better
  • How does Does Kabam determine compensation?  One crash costs me an entires day worth of work and frustration. I complain to customer service and I get a generic response from "Danny" on how to fix a crash. While Kabam knows good and well what the cause is. When I escalate I get a joke of "100 cells" compensation. Are you kidding me?  I complain again, "sorry, best we can do". Meanwhile, my alliance members are receiving over 10x that in compensation. Please tell me why that is? Hope Kabam doesn't treat their other "QA staff" so poorly. Please insert useless generic response here.........
  • I know this is game but when u see game have problems don't use u r cell and pushing medal
  • And wait for what?  Another untested release?  I did forget to mention that their last untested "ball of code" has just decimated my alliance. Just this week we've lost 6 of our top players who were long time players who have just had enough ... Of poorly tested code and cheaters that Kabam is unable or unwilling to kick. 
  • I feel your pain panda. The same generic responses..mostly from Danny. Have got to stop..lol
  • Hopefully fixed on Monday:)
  • I remember your first email hidden danger
  • 100 cells is just insulting. And the auto reply on EVERY mail to Kabam has to leave. They always reply and send you to the troubleshoot page. That's the reply on every question or complaint. Insulting, disrespectful and very unprofessional
  • Is like to know how this compensation works as well. I know someone who just received 1000?pc, my complaints have rewarded me with absolutely nothing. Never an even playing field.
This discussion has been closed.