Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Client Errors: Explained

R00RshockR00Rshock Member, Moderator
edited April 2016 in Tech Support

Attention Commanders! Today I'm here to address the Client Errors that occasionally occur when playing This Means WAR! I want to give a full update on the situation and how we plan to combat it moving forward:

We've been exploring various methods for policing this issue. We are now calling upon everyone to report bases that cause Client Errors in combat directly to the Customer Service team. We will investigate the reported base and determine if they have an unfair advantage. Players caught using glitches to their advantage may receive suspensions and/or bans on their account. Here is the information we need:

1) Your Base Name

2) Your current Alliance

3) Your Command Center Level

4) Opposing Base Name

5) Approximate Time of the Combat

6) Screenshot of the Client Error

A few notes:

- Any player that has a glitch in their Base Layout can fix it: Save all of your Base Layouts in Base Edit Mode. Any broken Layouts should be fixed automatically. Layouts that have issues saving should be deleted. If you run into any issues, contact R00Rshock (me) or Customer Service for assistance.

- Reported players may have their Medals temporarily dropped to 0 as an investigation is conducted on their account. This is to prevent their Base from causing others to crash while we look into the case.

- Repeat offenders may have their accounts suspended and/or banned for damaging the game experience for other players. Claiming ignorance only works for so long. Players that can't play by the rules will be removed from the game.

- Our engineers are diligently working on the problem. We'll have more information in the upcoming weeks as we make more progress.

I think that should cover all the details. We've been collecting information these last few weeks on players accused of cheating. We'll be using this information to conduct our investigations. We'll also be issuing a Message of the Day urging players to report Client Errors to Customer Service. We're hoping with solid messaging and a bit of help from the Community players will no longer be ignorant of the issue and can actively help us combat it. Those who want to keep cheating will eventually get what is coming them in the form of a ban. We're being super careful to not introduce any additional bugs into the game right now, hence the delay on a fix.

Here is a list of bases that players have reported. This is not an official Kabam list, but if you are super paranoid about running into Client Errors, then this list may help you avoid them while we continue to work on fixing the root problem: http://forums.tapzen.com/discussion/4754/list-of-glitched-bases-to-avoid-until-fixed#latest

If anyone has any questions, please post them here! I'll do my best to answer them.

- R00Rshock
Post edited by R00Rshock on

Comments

• 1985baum
  • 153 bases on my suspected glitch list. It was 100 only 2 weeks ago. Maybe I'm just learning more names or are they multiplying?
  • Frustrating that bases like Crystal Serenity have been reported several times and they are still there. At least pull them out of competition. Dropping their medal count out of the top 100 as previously mentioned has had no affect. 
  • blahblah Member, Moderator
    Doesn't help the kabam employees (cough R00rshok cough) are cheating little scumbags. No incentive to fix the game when as a developer and player you can just drop free power cells and glitch your own base to play. Scum. 4 months and now we know why it isn't fixed......money for dummies to spend on PCs to try and advance and scumbag employees.
    It's frustrating coming on to see your nonsense propaganda. Roor made a mistake, he admitted to it, didn't affect the outcome, let it go bro. We all have moved on! Even me! I still buy powercells. Yes I keep a "do not hit" list beside me but c'mon man! Every thread? You gonna get banned if you keep it up!
  • w0lftw0lft Member
    edited April 2016
    Roorshock 
    you dont look like you answering any questions here as your costumer support.  
    You closed my case on the forum and told me to post here.
     I had more than ten reloads in the last two weeks and every time I contact the customer support with screenshots.  but all the bases I have reported still have the glitch. 
    I lost a lot of medals and I have to do the wining streak over and over again.
     every time I report the bases with screenshot I only have an apology in return. 
    I don't need your apology because it won't return my medals or all my loses. 
    I want to be compensated or I'm going to use the glitch like everyone else does 
  • Dude pm me on how to do the glitch. Seriously! All I want it for is to regain the medals I lost (over 500 at this point, and that would be well over 5 star for me)
  • I have over 20 "I'm sorry emails." Like you, who gives a F!
  • Lmao stew
  • w0lftw0lft Member
    edited April 2016
    I lost my wining streak twice today from the glitch. 
    I sent the customer support email with evidence they replied for the first one and said sorry 
    I'm waiting for the second apology(:
    thanks kabam you've been most helpful and supportive 
    keep the crap work up 
  • w0lftw0lft Member
    demonnuts said:
    Dude pm me on how to do the glitch. Seriously! All I want it for is to regain the medals I lost (over 500 at this point, and that would be well over 5 star for me)
    Hey demon. 
    I wish I can help you by emailing but it's a bit of progress. 
    You have too move the seeker trap under a building and save your base then switch to the 
    secound base and repeat till you get it. Some times you don't have to do anything it happen automatically (;
    if you need more help ask the customer support they know more then anyone and they will help you like how they helping some players in the top 30 with the glitch 
  • w0lftw0lft Member
    edited April 2016
    Lol another reload with another lost. For the third time in less then 12 hours 
    and you accept us to not use the glitch. 
    KEEP DREAMING MATE 
  • w0lftw0lft Member
     Wolf I quit playing above 4200. Everything but hex is maxed. I dropped to farm. I wasted a month, 100 air strikes, 50 Minos, thousands of cells, and other specials. I made to a high of 4600. Would take 10 attacks to equal one client reload. 
    That's sucks mate the problem is they don't care how much time and cells you wasting on this stupid game. 
    Yesterday I had three client error I lost 87 medals and my 3.4 wining streak that made me loose interest in this raid because I'm spending not even one cells till they fix it and I don't see that happening. 
    Some players in the top 20 still using the glitch and kabam supporting them they know every player that using it. But when you use it they know the second day and they band you account like what happened with me couple  month ago I only use it for two days and I got busted they should call this game. 
    THIS MEANS ERROR OR
    THIS MEANS CHEATS 
  • w0lftw0lft Member
    Hello ,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us concerning your game crashing. I am more than happy to address this for you; I know that having frequent crashes can be frustrating, and I am truly sorry that you've had to face this issue.

I just finished speaking with the Game Team about this, and it looks like they had a chance to review your account data. While they haven't yet been able to reproduce this specific crashing issue when simulating your account and device, they will continue to look into it. They will also be applying a new update to the game shortly which should help improve overall stability. Thank so much for your patience as we work on this!

As always, thanks so much for your support; if there is anything else we can assist with in the future, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    Danny
    Kabam Support
     I have plenty of this replies in my mail box now but not even one message says that they taking action or they've fixed one of the hundred bases I have sent to them 
    I don't think they're reading our messages or not even looking at it they send you automatic reply and leave the computer do them dirty job 

• Yeah I get the same bull shit reply all the time !
  • Roorshock the screen shot should be all you need ! Gives you my name alliance name and the prick(s) that are causing the downfall of this game. But yet same old bull shit reply about not able to recreate the problem get a grip you know the dam problem you lot are just scamming is all !
  • Danny and Adam top notch support !! Lol
  • w0lftw0lft Member
    Danny and Adam top notch support !! Lol
    Lol everyone knows that 
  • Why has nobody brought up the issue of Kabam servers causing client error?. I have had a least 10 client errors in the last 2 weeks while not in battle
  • It happens when im loading troops, talking on global or just waiting for a troop reload to finish
  • I've had it a few times as well. I also get client errors when searching through matchmaking 
  • _Lanfeust__Lanfeust_ Member
    edited April 2016
    @R00Rshock

Is it possible for TapZen to detect when a player gets a "Client Error" message? If so, why not disable any medal deduction in this case at least until you sort out this issue which seems to be way out of control considering that amount of bases effected by this issue. 

Another possibility is in case you have made any changes to base edit layout feature recently, you can perhaps restore a more previous version or disable it completely until it's more stable?

From your posts on this forum, it seems you expect users to come in and look up bases that have been confirmed to be glitched-out. And that isn't how it should be handled considering only about 3-5% of your players have ever visited this forum.

Ultimately, over the years TMW has lost tons of players who have supported you by purchasing cells. Although I understand issues like this can arise, there has been way to many in the past that have been handled very poorly. TMW could had been at least 300% more populated if this wasn't the case, what a waste.
  • @R00Rshock

Is it possible for TapZen to detect when a player gets a "Client Error" message? If so, why not disable any medal deduction in this case at least until you sort out this issue which seems to be way out of control considering that amount of bases effected by this issue. 

Another possibility is in case you have made any changes to base edit layout feature recently, you can perhaps restore a more previous version or disable it completely until it's more stable?

From your posts on this forum, it seems you expect users to come in and look up bases that have been confirmed to be glitched-out. And that isn't how it should be handled considering only about 3-5% of your players have ever visited this forum.

Ultimately, over the years TMW has lost tons of players who have supported you by purchasing cells. Although I understand issues like this can arise, there has been way to many in the past that have been handled very poorly. TMW could had been at least 300% more populated if this wasn't the case, what a waste.
    shows that you only got back to the game cause Tapzen don't own it anymore its now Kabam