It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Attention Commanders! Today I'm here to address the Client Errors that occasionally occur when playing This Means WAR! I want to give a full update on the situation and how we plan to combat it moving forward:
We've been exploring various methods for policing this issue. We are now calling upon everyone to report bases that cause Client Errors in combat directly to the Customer Service team. We will investigate the reported base and determine if they have an unfair advantage. Players caught using glitches to their advantage may receive suspensions and/or bans on their account. Here is the information we need:
1) Your Base Name
2) Your current Alliance
3) Your Command Center Level
4) Opposing Base Name
5) Approximate Time of the Combat
6) Screenshot of the Client Error
A few notes:
- Any player that has a glitch in their Base Layout can fix it: Save all of your Base Layouts in Base Edit Mode. Any broken Layouts should be fixed automatically. Layouts that have issues saving should be deleted. If you run into any issues, contact R00Rshock (me) or Customer Service for assistance.
- Reported players may have their Medals temporarily dropped to 0 as an investigation is conducted on their account. This is to prevent their Base from causing others to crash while we look into the case.
- Repeat offenders may have their accounts suspended and/or banned for damaging the game experience for other players. Claiming ignorance only works for so long. Players that can't play by the rules will be removed from the game.
- Our engineers are diligently working on the problem. We'll have more information in the upcoming weeks as we make more progress.
I think that should cover all the details. We've been collecting information these last few weeks on players accused of cheating. We'll be using this information to conduct our investigations. We'll also be issuing a Message of the Day urging players to report Client Errors to Customer Service. We're hoping with solid messaging and a bit of help from the Community players will no longer be ignorant of the issue and can actively help us combat it. Those who want to keep cheating will eventually get what is coming them in the form of a ban. We're being super careful to not introduce any additional bugs into the game right now, hence the delay on a fix.
Here is a list of bases that players have reported. This is not an official Kabam list, but if you are super paranoid about running into Client Errors, then this list may help you avoid them while we continue to work on fixing the root problem: http://forums.tapzen.com/discussion/4754/list-of-glitched-bases-to-avoid-until-fixed#latest
If anyone has any questions, please post them here! I'll do my best to answer them.