Attention Commanders! Recently there has been a lot of discussion on Kabam's policies regarding cheating in This Means WAR! A few suspensions have already been given out to players suspected of cheating. Here is a general overview of our policies:
1) First, re-read the Kabam Terms of Service agreement: https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service#tab-en
The following activities are strictly prohibited:
- Harassing or threatening other players
- Participating in account selling
- Sharing your account with others
- Using tapping devices / programs to remain permanently logged in
- Exploiting known glitches to the detriment of other players
- Purchasing currency or other items from 3rd party sites
- Utilizing 3rd party software to hack into the game
- Any other forms of obvious cheating
Kabam has a right to terminate any account found to be in violation of these rules, with no compensation for purchased virtual goods. Any account found to be cheating may be banned immediately, depending on the severity of the offense, which is completely up to the discretion of Kabam.
2) We have devised a tiered warning system for players caught breaking these rules. Depending on the severity of the offense, Customer Service may accelerate a player's progression through the warning system, with the ultimate penalty being a permanent account ban.
Here are the Tiers:
Alert! - For minor offenses players will be issued an Alert and penalized 1 Medal.
Warning! - For more serious offense players will be issued a Warning and penalized 10 Medals.
Suspension! - For serious offenses, players will be issued a 3 week
suspension on their account. Players will be penalized 500 Medals in addition to the temporary ban from playing the game.
Banned! - For players who refuse to cooperate, a Permanent Account Ban
will be issued.
3) Players may appeal suspensions if they believe them to be unfounded. Please Private Message
R00Rshock with the details of your appeal. Please include a detailed explanation so we can verify your story. If we are found to be in the wrong, we will issue a public apology and grant you free Power Cells and Gift Bombs. Please note we keep detailed logs of all Power Cell transactions, Combat Records, and Consumables acquired / used, as well as many other records. We'll do our best to provide the evidence used in determining your suspension.
If anyone has any questions, please post them here. We never issue retroactive penalties, so any players currently suspended will not have 500 Medals taken away. Future suspensions will result in a loss of Medals.
4) Here is a list of suspended and banned players: http://forums.tapzen.com/discussion/5017/this-means-war-suspended-banned-players?new=1
Suspensions increased to 3 weeks